Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello all!  I would like to take the time to wish all of you a Very Happy New Year!  I said in November that I was back, but the holidays took over and I never posted.  Allow me to try again and place up some of these older posts.  The kids are back to school today and I still have today off.  My goal is to update this blog and possible try to craft a bit today.  I have some home decor ideas and I would also like to participate in MPS Design Team Challenge.  So lets start off with some older pictures that have been just taking up space in my PC!


This is a work station rotation schedule that I made last year for my classroom.  The labels on the buses are the stations that were open to the kids.  The names on the road were the students who were to visit those stations each day.  Everything was held on with velcro for easy changing.


This was the banner I made for my niece's Sweet 16 party back in July.  The glare makes it hard to see, but her name (Haley) was done in Storybook font.  One end of the banner reads Happy Birthday while the other end reads Sweet 16.  Before stringing the banner, I used my Crop-a-dile for the holes.





These are the rest of the pictures from  the Sweet 16 party.  I had an entire sweet table layout.  The cake boxes were supposed to be each decorated with pink "frosting", but we ran out of time.  The soda's were made from Waffle Cone glasses fro JoAnn's.  I used pink and blue cotton candy for the foam and cut out Sweet 16 with a cherry.



I made this Hello Kitty notepad after coming back from CHA.  I had the pleasure of taking the class at the Peachy Keen Stamp booth with Lori.  I made a bunch with apples on for my co-workers, but forgot to take the pictures.  I love making these.  They are so much fun and useful!!





Although the pictures are poor (working on that) these are the coffe mugs I made at the end of the year for my kids teachers and the two personal care aids in my classroom.  On one side, I etched Thanks a Latte and on the other, I engraved their names.  We placed them in boxes with Starbucks, biscotti, and candy. Then, I wrapped them and inserted the miniture thanks a latte cards.



I painted this glass last Christmas for my secret santa gift.  I did this whole 12 days of Christmas theme and made her ornaments to go along with each gift.  I will try to post those later.  I also used my expression to cut her the matching card.


I just love making these little purses.  This was for my friend's daughter's 13th birthday.  Inside was lip gloss, nail polish and nail file, and a gift card for American Eagle.  It was a hit at the party!  I was told that even the boys liked it.



Halloween treat bags for my students were super simple to make.  Each was filled with cany corn, play-dough, and of course some chocolate!

Hope you enjoyed all of these long over due posts!  Hopefully I will add a few more later with something new as well.  It would be a shame to waste this day with no kids!

No comments: