Friday, February 3, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I am just a bit behind in updating my posts.  I thought I would share with you the lighted blocks that I made for the personal care aids that work in my classroom.  I bought the blocks from Michaels because they already had a hole in the bottom.  I don't trust myselft to attempt drilling glass! This first picture is all 5 of them on display the day I gave them to them.

This one says Let it Snow and is covered in snowflakes.  I reversed etched the design.  White miniture lights are inside, but the lights do not photo well.

This one was one of my favorites.  I cut black vinyl and adhered it to the block.  The oringinal intention was to etch this one as well, but we thought it gave it a night effect and decided to keep it as is.  I added red, white, and frosted lights that I found in Michaels.  I also loved the Santa belt ribon that I added to silver glitter ribbon.  You can't see the back, but I sprayed it with silver glitter blast by Krylon.

This is what it looks like lit up!  Not too bad of a pic, but it still doesn't do it justice.  It was hard to give away because I loved it so much.


This one is a Christmas Tree and reads Season's Greetings.  I put multicolored lights inside.
I also made a nativity and an Angel.  For some reason my pictures did not download.  I will have to add them later.



No comments: