Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Long Expected Party


On Friday, my youngest son turned 8.  He requested to have a Hobbit Themed party and invited a dozen little boys to join in on the Expected Party.  Luckily, I put Pinterest, Google, and my trusty Silhouette Cameo to work.



Of course, I had to make a sign like the one Bilbo Baggins had posted to his fence.  I found 12x12 paper at JoAnn's that I thought look rather Lord of the Ringish.  I then cut the letters from Party Business font using black vinyl.  I adhered the finished product to chip board for stability.  It hung on our front door during the party.







Originally we had planned to make every child a bow and arrow made out of popsicle sticks and Q-tips.  Unfortunately, I gave up since we couldn't get them to work.  I did, however, hang the picture of Smaug the dragon that we were going to shoot the arrows at.  I bought this sketch pattern from the Silhouette store.  I drew him using the adjustable pen holder from Amy Chomas.  I love the way it turned out!



We changed the entrance to our Book Nook into a Hobbit Hole.  I found some really cool ideas for doing this, but by the time I got to it, I was completely exhausted (also recovering from unexpected gall bladder surgery 4 days prior to the party) and just hung it rather quickly.  The boys just loved crawling inside the streamers.



What is a party of any kind without a cake?!  This is the Hobbit cake that I made.  The Hobbit Holes were from little bunt cake pans.  I thought they turned out rather cute!  I frosted the cake with Cool Whip's frozen whipped cream frosting and it was very good!  Tyler built the Lego kit, Gandalf returns.



I am going to end this post here for now since it is rather long.  I forgot to take pictures of the invites and thank you cards.  I also have a banner, all of which I made on the Silhouette!  I will post them later.  Please stop back my friends!


No comments: