Sunday, April 7, 2013

Teacher Gifts

With teacher appreciation week just around the corner, and the end of a school year approaching, I thought I would share the teacher gifts that I made for my sons' teachers last year.


These were altered clipboards and I made "clipboard" cards to match using the Cricut Expression 2.  I designed each card on the Gypsy so that I could cut out multiple pieces using the various colors, as well as weld my card pieces together.  I made the little boys hair match each one of my sons' hair.


I also made a post it note holder for the bottom and placed in a matching gel pen that I bought from staples.


Here is a close up of the card itself.  Inside, I used card stock that appeared to look like notebook paper.  I used the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder to write A+ teacher and the Thank you.





I place the "notebook" paper under the "clip" on the clipboard.  I then added a gift card to suit each teacher and placed it under the clip as well.
     



I think they turned out so cute that I might just try doing this again for this year's teachers.  My oldest son has a male teacher that loves sports.  That should be easy.  I am thinking a Steeler's themed clipboard with a gift card for the Pirates?  I did wrap each finished clipboard in clear gift bags, but I am not sure why I didn't take pictures.

No comments: