Sunday, March 24, 2013

Split Letter Floating Frame

A friend of mine and co-worker was moving into a new house.  I had seen these split letters done in the past and always wanted to give it a shot.  One cold Saturday, I set myself down with my lap top and trusty Silhouette Cameo and set to work.  Here is what I came up with.




The photo isn't great since it reflects off the glass, but you get the idea.  After downloading the font, I split the letter in Silhouette Studio and added their names.  I bought an additional cheap from to use the extra piece of glass as the backing.  The split initial was on the inner glass, as well as the bow.  I put the family name and each of their names on the outside of the glass to give more of a 3D look to it.  I thought this made a nice house warming gift.

No comments: